Thank you for visiting our Careers page.
Posting Date: August 1, 2022
Job Title: Construction Worker
Job Purpose: Work with personnel for outside plant construction and maintenance of fiber optic services. Assist with operation and maintenance of equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Assist personnel with outside plant construction, replacement, removal, and maintenance of buried fiber optic cable, pedestals, poles, carrier sites, and equipment at subscriber locations.
- Operate digging, trenching, and plowing equipment.
- Maintain right-of-ways, including patching roadways and backfill areas.
- Assist with line locates and installation as needed.
- Communicate directly with superiors, support vendors, and subscribers to provide excellent
service and support during the course of construction maintenance or repairs.
- Must be willing to be on call and work after normal work hours when needed.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: A minimum of 6 months experience in utility/telecommunications industry.
**Any employee interested in applying for this position must do so in writing and present to a manager within 10 days from the date of this posting. If no employees are interested or qualified, public posting will take place for this position. Mon-Cre Telephone cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.