Job Opening: Construction Worker/Heavy Equipment Operator
Posting Date: May 15, 2021
Job Title: Construction Worker/Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Purpose: Work with personnel for outside plant construction and maintenance of fiber optic services. Assist with operation and maintenance of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist personnel with outside plant construction, replacement, removal and maintenance of buried fiber optic cable, pedestals, poles, carrier sites and equipment at subscriber locations.
- Operate digging, trenching and plowing equipment. General routine care of maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Maintain right-of-ways, including patching roadways and backfill areas.
- Assist with line locates and installation as needed.
- Communicate directly with superiors, support vendors and subscribers to provide excellent service and support during the course of construction maintenance or repairs.
- Must be willing to be on call and work after normal work hours when needed.
Education: High School Diploma
A minimum of 6 months experience in utility/telecommunications industry.
Applications will be accepted by mail at PO Box 125, Ramer, Alabama 36069 or delivered to the office at 227 Main Street, Ramer, AL 36069.
Mon-Cre Telephone cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.